Computers and Technology Today Essay
700 Words3 Pages
Technology today adds much advancement to our everyday lives. We drive fast cars. Talk on the phone, organizing meetings, and catching up with old friends, or the friend you are on your way to go see. The technology we use today has made us as a human race really reliant on how it makes our lives easier. Through much advancement in the technology and how it makes our lives easier, it also makes them more difficult. When something breaks we are unable to fix it, and have to take the object to go get fixed and it normally costs a lot more to fix a higher technology item. Also, when you take it to get fixed you will most likely be without that item for a good period of time. So if you “need” your cell phone, pager,…show more content…
We now have the World Wide Web, which allows people from allover the work to connect together and search anything they desire. You are able to keep you personal finances on a program that not only keeps track of them for you, it also helps you organize and complete tasks in finance that would normally take forever and cut that time down immensely. You are able to type professional looking papers that are not hard to read because of bad hand writing. You are also able to save a great amount of time by typing and not having to deal with the troubles of rewriting if you make a mistake. There are programs that allow you to listen to music let and write your own CDs, which save you money at the music store.
But with all the advancements that make our lives easier, the computer can also be intimidating and frustrating as well. Since, the computer is one of the most advanced technological items we use everyday when it breaks , our lives seem to stop. If you have a deadline for a paper whether it be for a job of school, you nightmare is your computer breaking. Or even worse crashing. Not only does it take time to fix the computer when it breaks, it takes a good amount of money too. People rely on the computer too much not to fail, and when it does all your work is inaccessible until the computer works again, and you are unable to do all the duties which require a
Computer is an electronic device made by Charles Babage, to solve arithmetic & logical operations. It is one of the very important instrument of our life. There is not a single day that we can go without the use of computers. The IT industry has experienced a continuous surge along with computers and the Internet. This has led to growth of other ancillary industries like the internet service providers and the technical service providers and all together the whole economy of the world.
The advancement in the computer technology has made it possible for almost everything to be done through the computer and over the internet. With the help of these two tools you can accomplish your office work even if you are at home. Not only this, you can also take care of education, shopping and research and various other things too. Computers are useful in business, in education and home. The use of computer has reduced time span of many works. Any work can be done sitting in a place and pressing few keys. It has enabled people to know happenings of the world shortly after it happens.
Computer has made it easier for people to communicate in addition to saving time and money. Using e-mails you can send letters immediately to anyone, at a very less cost. When there was no computer it used to take weeks and months to send letters by post. The mode of education has also changed. Using internet and computer you can teach anyone in any part of the world. It is also a mode of entertainment. You can play games and even watch your favorite serials and movies.
Computer has even bought the families together. Families staying miles apart can talk and even see each other. By understanding computers we can better exploit their benefits and features for our betterment.
Do You Need Support with Writing about Computer and Its Benefits?
We use computers for almost everything in our lives now, we walk around with cell phones in our pockets that have more computing power than the Apollo moon landings. Even our refrigerators and other appliances are now controlled by computers. But writing an engaging and effective essay around the subject of the benefits of computers may still be a difficult task.
Many students lack time, or they can’t find the inspiration for writing that effective essay. This is why you will want to get some good support with your essay writing. Our services have been helping students across all subject areas for several years and we can provide you with some of the best advice you will find online to get that perfect essay written so that you can get the grades that you are looking for.
How to Write an Essay on the Benefits of Computers
Even if you think computers are an awful invention you will still be reading this using one and preparing to write your essay on one. But knowing where to start with your essay and what to write is not always as simple as you would hope. The following tips however will help you with your writing:
- Review the prompt and ensure that you fully understand what is asking you to write. If you are not completely sure of what you are expected to cover within your essay it is always best to check with your tutor before you start the work.
- Do some research about what the benefits are of computers. Often it is best to look for something that is going to be less obvious if you want to make a really “wow” essay that is going to stand out.
- If you are required to use evidence to back up your essay then ensure that you keep notes of the information that you review for your citations.
- Create an outline to map out how you will write your essay. This will help you to better understand exactly how the different parts of your essay will hang together and what should be included within each section. This will guide your writing and make it simpler with less need to do rewrites.
- Use a 5 paragraph structure for simplicity:
- Must give an introduction to computers in use today
- State your thesis or argument
- Outline how you will prove your argument
- Main body
- Usually three separate paragraphs
- Each should be one piece of evidence to support your thesis
- Make your strongest argument first, then the second strongest last
- Concluding paragraph
- Summarize the supporting arguments
- Show how the thesis is proven
- Make a call to action or personal comment
- Proofread and review your writing; ensure that it is well written and engaging while being totally free from errors.
More Essays about Computing
Many times you will be asked to write an essay around computing without a fixed prompt. While this leaves you a lot of freedom to choose a subject that will interest you it can also be hard to choose something. The following are a few suggestions to write about in the field of computing:
- Is there a cost to computer literacy?
- Are we too dependent on the computers that we use?
- Could I really be a victim of a hacker?
- Is the computer the greatest invention ever?
- Who will be in control in 50 years? Man or the computer?
- What is a computer virus?
- Should artificial intelligence be allowed?
- Was my essay written by a computer?
- What will computers be able to do in 10 more years?
- How secure is my computer really?